The Daily Show interview on Tuesday, Dec. 9th was frickin' amazing! (If you have not seen it, here it is: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
Jon Stewart gave a truly compelling and passionate argument for gay marriage. I think Jon is one of the most caring and intelligent individual EVER! And I love him so much for it!!!
Jon has always been a staunch supporter for equal rights and the well-being of gay people. He shows it not only by expressing it verbally on the Daily Show and during his stand-up routines, but also by the number of openly-gay guests he has come on the show. Not to mention, the GLAAD award he won along with the Daily Show crew in 2005. I say, Jon is a Saint for the gay community! Hooray for Jon!!!! XD
So, here is a tribute to Jon Stewart for his loving support of the gay community. Enjoy! ^_^
First off, from 2007, a little comemorative note from (afterelton.com):
GLAAD's efforts for LGBT History Month have centered around "Friends & Allies", and it would be harder to find a stronger or more fantastically entertaining ally to gay visibility than The Daily Show's Jon Stewart.
A few quotes by Jon Stewart:
* What is the fear of the "gay agenda" that has so upset people? Do people think that if gay people are given a place at the table, they'll be so convincing we'll all end up blowing them? What is the issue? "You know, I'm straight, but you've made such a convincing argument..."
- Stand-up performance at RIT, 2005.
* [Clip of Bush: America needs to conduct this debate on immigration in a reasoned and respectful tone...We cannot build a unified country by inciting people to anger or playing on anyone's fears]
Jon Stewart: "That's what terrorism and gay people are for."
*[Clip of Bush: "America is a free society, which limits the role of government in the lives of our citizens. In this country, people are free to choose how they live their lives."]
Jon Stewart: "And that's why I want to ban gay people from getting married."
* "Recently, the highest court in South Africa handed down a decision ordering the country s parliament to extend marriage rights to all gay couples. So just to reiterate, America is now less progressive than South Africa." --Jon Stewart
* "Some see the move as an attempt to preserve traditional values, while others see it as a cynical ploy to ensure that Vice President Dick Cheney will never have to pay for his gay daughter's wedding." --Jon Stewart, on President Bush's proposal for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage
* Jon Stewart: (In a heated discussion with Bill Bennett concerning gay marriage) Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness.
* "Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality." -- Jon Stewart, interview with Mike Huckabee
A list of some of the interview with openly-gay guests and conservative guests:
* Interview with Ellen Degeneres. Totally awesome! The best things: Ellen worships Jon. Jon Stewart was the leader of the Lesbians before Ellen came out. Though, I think he still holds some power. ;-) http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Three interviews with David Rakoff. David Rakoff is probably my favorite re-occuring guest on the Daily Show! He and Jon always have great, informal conversations and David can make Jon giggle so much! :-) (2001) http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Interview with Sir Ian Mckellen. So Cool! Jon offers to be Mckellen's wife for his Oscars' acceptance speech. http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Interview with David Sedaris. Sweet! Jon is a HUGE fan of David Sedaris' work. :-) http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Interview with Tim Gunn. Fantastic! Jon watches Project Runway! XD http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Interview with Papa Bear Bill O'Reilly back in 2002. Awesome! Talks about Rosie and Ellen coming out of the closet - Jon tells Bill why its important to them. Oh, yeah! http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
* Interview with Rick Santorum. Jon tries to reason with Sen. Santorum. Jon wins, I think! ;-) http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
*Interview with Bill Bennet. This is an historic interview in Jon's career! It is amazing! Jon gets seriously defensive, which is great to see! XD
(first part) http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.j
Only to name a few...
A SHOUT OUT TO JON STEWART: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I <3 YOU, JON!
- Current Mood: content
- Current Music:"Shelter from the Storm", Bob Dylan